A non-cancerous tumor growing from the layer of the muscles present in the womb is called Fibroids. Fibroids have different names, such as uterine fibroids, fibromyomas, or myomas. A fibroid in a body can have various sizes; it can be as small as a dot or as large as a bean. 20% of women face the problem of fibroids at least once in their life. Women who are overweight put their self on the stake of getting fibroids more often. Fibroids are of four types, determined by the place they grow in the body. They are named as Intramural, Subserosal fibroids, submucosal fibroids, and cervical fibroids.
Some common symptoms of fibroids are:
- Pain in back and legs
- Heavy Periods
- Uncomfortable feeling in the lower abdomen
- Uncomfortable or painful sex
A woman having fibroids might also have pregnancy problems, infertility problems or repeated miscarriages. There are a number of cures available for fibroids. You can treat them with the help of some of these methods:
- GnRHA (gnoadotropin released hormone agonist) is a treatment that is done by injection. The GnRHA lowers the level of estrogen making the fibroids shrink. It is also a treatment for women with heavy periods.
- Tranexamic acid is another treatment for fibroids. They are taken in the form tablets. They are taken for four days during the pre-menstrual period. The patient should wait at least 3 months to see results before stopping the medication.
- Hysterectomy is a surgery to remove the uterus. The treatment is usually done to women with large fibroids and very serious bleeding.
- Myomectomy is a process by which the fibroids present on the wall of uterus are removed surgically. It is for women who would like to get pregnant but it might now work for every woman.
- Uterine Artery Embolization is a treatment by which fibroids blood supply is cut.
Treatments vary with the severity of the condition of a fibroid in one’s body. Mentioned above are some famous treatments to cure fibroids. For more information about the best fibroids cure visit www.fibroidscurereview.com